Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 7



Sunday the 10th, I tagged along with the architecture students in exploring various architecture centers.  First we went to see a Zaha Hadid; however, it was closed for the day.  Then we strolled by a few famous buildings of which I had never heard of but I found them to be remarkably done.  Next, we ventured to DAZ- German Architecture Center, which was not currently having a true architecture exhibit but however an exhibit on teaching children how to skateboard. Afterwards, we traveled to the East Side Gallery, which is where there is a 2-mile stretch of original standing.  I found this area very surreal to help me imagine what the city looked like with the wall standing.  



Then we traveled to another architectural center, which had what I found to be amazing.  There they had architectural models and huge city sketches that I found simply incredibly done.  That night for dinner I joined a group of to eat Chinese near the apartments.  Later that evening my roommates, Emily, and I discovered how to work our apartment’s washing machine, which took 3 hours per load to wash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment