Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 18

Today, Thursday, morning started off a little hazy because as soon as I took my medicine for my sinuses I fell asleep.  In fact, after getting on the bus I slept for an additional 4 hours.  I even slept through our first rest stop and was apparently locked on the bus during that time, but I am so happy to have gotten the sleep.  We had lunch along the way to Magdeburg, which I did not find to taste well at all.  Then we finished our drive to Magdeburg Cathedral, which was huge.  While there we had a guided tour of the church and got to hear all about Emperor Otto I who is buried there and was crowned there as well. 




After touring the church we proceeded to head on our way back to Berlin; however, we got stuck in the “big city” traffic seeing that we approached the city right around 5pm.  Upon getting settled back to our apartments I unpacked quickly to go sign out for the weekend, since Sarah, Aaliyah and I will be going to Amsterdam.  So, for the reminder of the night we went to the train station to get all of our ducks in a row for our weekend trip.  Hopefully by the time I return in the wee-hours of the morning on Monday I will have completely gotten better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment