Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 14


Saturday, started off a bit rough for me and continued to worsen.  I woke up feeling extremely sick with my sinuses and all.  I had breakfast at our cute, little hotel, which was delicious.  Then the class proceeded to go explore the inner town of Nuremburg.  


I honestly found that mostly everything I had seen Friday night we saw again on Saturday morning as a class.  We first went to saw the main Catholic Church. 


Then we went to tour the St. Sebald Luthern Church, which I did not do the Friday night. 

Next, we proceeded to go up the castle, which despite having done so the night before the view was just as beautiful, the second time around. 

 
After doing all this, we headed on to tour the Nazi Documentation Center.  There we toured the former Nazi Great Hall, Rally Grounds, Great Street, and the Zeppeline Grandstand.  I found the tour very well done.  After the tour we went inside the Documentation Center’s Museum, which was actually built into the Great Hall.  I found the museum very informative; I really wish I could have had more time to finish reading all the horrific details there. 





Afterwards, we got back on our bus and headed out to Munich where we first stopped at the town square where Hitler had been arrested before becoming the Furer.  

Also, we quickly saw an old Catholic Church that was very impressive with the white interior. 


Then, we headed out to our hotel, where we would spend the next two nights.  Later in the evening, I went along with a large group of the class to watch another German soccer game.  Although, I did leave early because I started feeling horrible there, Germany did win the game and moved on in the Euro Cup!  That night, I did not sleep too well due to my sinuses and stomach acting up so heavily and that there were extremely loud people coming in the middle of the night.  Hopefully I will be getting well very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment