Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 16


Today, Tuesday, started off in a hurry to me.  I ended up sleeping through a few alarms and then proceeded to rush my stuff together to checkout of our hotel and to leave Munich.  After getting to rest for around an hour we had our first stop of the day at the Fuggerei in Ausburg, which is the oldest social settlement in the world.  There the homes only cost 0.88 Euro per year’s rent.  Also, there is a gate that surrounds the 67 houses and 140 apartments in the complex that locks at 10pm every night.  All the homes and apartments are in the Gothic architecture design and the master builder was Thomas Krebs. 





Right after, we all loaded up on our bus to head over to the Hohenzollern Castle; however, we were set back on time by running into construction along the autobahn.  When we did arrive at the castle I found it stunning in design up on top of its high hill.  I enjoyed our tour but found our tour guide’s English to be quite hilarious in some pronunciations.  Below, are some pictures of the castle; however, pictures were not allowed inside the castle itself.




After staying at the castle for a couple of hours we headed on to the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart.  While there we had 2 hours to view the entire museum; however, I found this to be a little tight on time because there was simply so much stuff within the museum.  I got to see the first gasolined powered motorized vehicle, the Pope mobile from when the Pope came to Germany in 1980, the jeep used in Jurassic Park and many other cool Mercedes cars. 



  




After leaving the Museum we headed on to our hotel for the night.  When getting into our hotel room I was pleasantly surprised by having an electric fan in there (it has been in full us)!   Upon getting settled I went along with a majority of the class to get dinner at a restaurant just around the corner from our hotel, which was pretty good.  After dinner, I went to view a church nearby which was inside a park and it was absolutely beautiful. 
And, sadly I report that I am still sick, but like I have said before I really, really hope I get better soon!  I have been taking a ton of medicine; however, my sinuses are still going crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment