Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 29


Monday was my last full day in the city of Berlin and I cannot truly believe my time here has gone by so quickly.  Aaliyah and I started off the day early, despite having gotten in late from Austria so we could do all that we wanted on our last day in the city.  We first went on to our grocery to recycle and return my numerous bottles.  Then, we went on a souvenir search.  Souvenirs are very skim in Berlin, and for me being picky about stuff it is not a good match.  Luckily, I was able to find a few little things mainly just for my family.  We also, headed to KaDaWe one last time too; that store is simply amazing and one could really spend days looking in there.  After doing this we then needed to head to our last day of class.  We were finally able to view the Soviet Memorial- that the Soviets had built for themselves. 

Afterwards, a group of us went up to the Berlin TV Tower to get great views of the city one last time.  It was nice being able to see all the places that I had seen over the month one last time.








That evening I sadly had to pack up all of my stuff to come home, and hopefully it will be within the weight requirements.  It honestly feels like just yesterday I was boarding the flight in Dallas when I did not a soul really on this trip.  I am so glad that experience has been so positive and that I have gotten the chance to become friends with some amazing people this past month.  I will now be travelling in the air for the good portion of the day making our way from Berlin to Paris, Paris to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Dallas.  I will then be driving home the next day with my family.

I am ending this post with a poem that I feel is appropriate to the people on this trip and especially to Europe itself:
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment